FAIRGATE FARM STAFF AND VOLUNTEER GUIDELINES:
The information in this document is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. All content is provided for general informational purposes only. Further, you should seek advice from medical professionals and/or public health officials if you have specific questions about your health. The knowledge and circumstances around COVID-19 are changing constantly and, as such, Fairgate Farm makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this information. The guidelines in this document are subject and subordinate to federal, state and local laws, rules, ordinances and regulations that apply to your location (“Applicable Laws”). Fairgate Farm does not condone or recommend disregarding or engaging in conduct not in conformity with Applicable Laws. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the guidelines in this document and any Applicable Laws, the Applicable Laws shall control.
Fairgate Farm is dedicated to protecting the health and safety of its staff, volunteers and the general community. As such, Fairgate Farm staff, volunteers and visitors shall abide by the following guidelines which are based on official guidelines from the CT Department of Agriculture and the CDC.
- Fairgate Farm will be restricted to farm staff and volunteers who are necessary to meet the essential care and maintenance of the production area.
- Masks and gloves shall be worn at all times.
- All farm staff and volunteers shall maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet at all times.
- Entry gates, water access points, greenhouse door handles and other high-touch areas should be disinfected multiple times per day and after each use.
- A hand washing station with both soap and hand sanitizer will be available.
- The tool shed shall remain locked.
- Only farm staff will access tools and will clean tools after use by volunteers.
- Volunteers will be limited based on daily activities to ensure proper social distancing protocols.
- Volunteers should contact the Outreach Coordinator, Heidi Andersen at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule volunteer participation.
- Volunteers will be asked to sign a health disclosure form before the start of each pre-scheduled shift.
- All farm staff and volunteers will undergo daily non-contact temperature checks at the start of their scheduled volunteer shift.
- Farm staff and volunteers must be aware that they must stay home if they feel sick, have a sick person at home or have been in contact with someone who has either tested positive for COVID-19 or has symptoms of COVID-19.
- Volunteers shall bring their own mask and garden gloves for use at Fairgate Farm.
- The communal shed located at Fairgate Farm shall remain closed to volunteers.
- All personal items shall be left in vehicles. No personal items shall be left in the shed.
- Restroom facilities will no longer be open to volunteers. Please plan your shift accordingly.
- Fairgate Farm will temporarily be closed to the general public.
- No animals/pets are allowed at Fairgate Farm.